If there’s one thing we go through QUICKLY in my household it’s olive oil.
We use it for 99% of our cooking.
We learned some really interesting facts about olive oil during our time in Israel last year.
In the coming months, I’ll be reviewing a few a few more bottles of olive oil and sharing other tips for selection, usage and proper storage.
I’ve shared a bit of what we learned in my YouTube video, below:
The video gives a brief rundown of the following:
- Shipping Time
- Packaging quality
- First Press – what this actually means
- Olive oil quality
- Bottle type
- Bottle color
- Storage tips
I really love using Olive Oil in the kitchen, but knowing the proper tips of use and storage has made my ability to do so go much further.
- Did you know that the color of your storage container plays a difference in the storage life of your olive oil?
- Do you know that the temperature and location for storing your oil are also important things to consider?
Had you ever given much thought to any of these factors before reading them just now?
I can be honest and say that I didn’t intially– but upon reading more about the subject, I was amazed to learn how much it can impact not only the actual oil, but also the cooking process and the final product of your efforts.
My tour in Israel was even more enlightening, but that’s way too much information for just one post.
I’ll have to dedicate another post solely to that subject.
For now, here’s a throwback photo of me in the Garden of Gethsemane with some of the oldest olive trees in the world!
Finally, here’s some useful information about this particular item from the manufacturer:
- Experience the delights of Picual extra virgin olive oil from California
- California EVOO for gourmet cooking and low free acidity limits of less than 0.8%
- Wow dinner guests with fresh salads using Gourmet Living’s extra virgin olive oil
- First and cold pressed Gourmet olive oil and estate bottled in California.
- Great with Mediterranean diet.
- Add the distinctive taste of California extra virgin olive oil to your cooking.
Please continue following the blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel for updates and more info!
If you have any specific questions, please let me know in the comments!