Though short, today’s verses contains some monumental truths.
- The Lord is close to all who call on Him
- The Lord is close to all who call on Him in truth
- The Lord grants the desires of those who fear him
- The Lord hears the cries [of those who fear Him] and rescues them.
I’ve made these part of my daily declarations and have them written down in serval of my prayer journals.
One of my favorite books, The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word, by Joyce Meyer encourages readers to turn scriptures into personal declarations and I’d urge you to do the same with this particular passage.
Here’s an example of how you can start (using today’s verses) :
- God, you are close to me;
- Lord, you are close to me because I am calling on you as honestly as I know how;
- You grant me the desires of my heart because I fear you; and
- You hear my cries and You rescue me.
I do this often with a daily verse and expand upon it in my prayer and meditation time. I am careful to keep the scripture in proper context and I expand in light of the scripture.
For instance: I’ll describe past occasions where the Lord has rescued me and heard my cries.
This is an opportunity to both give thanks and recall what the Lord has done, while establishing a personal connecting to this particular verse.
I hope this makes some sense. There really is no exact science to it. Just pray the Word. Study it and pray it from your heart. (I know that sounds corny, but that’s what I do and I know it makes a difference in my life). I’m praying you find it helpful today and if you’ve been doing this, just keep praying. 🙏💖
The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. He grants the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them.